Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai
To increase the protein content:
- For this vegan version I added more peanuts and quinoa (or you could add tempeh) or
- Vegetarian version you can add eggs ” “
- For my die-hard meat eaters I just added some shredded cooked chicken on top.
As it is still not quite salad weather I was very tempted to warm this up (in a casserole dish in low temp oven for a while – before the bean sprouts were added) but we were all too ravenous and it was just beautiful as is!
- 1 large zucchini, or 2 medium
- 1 Daikon radish or 6 radishes
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 capsicum (I happened to have yellow and red so used 1/4 of each)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cooked organic quinoa
- 6 spring onions
- 1 bag of bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup raw peanuts, 1/4 cup extra for serving
- 4 eggs, fried and sliced thinly – optional
- handful cooked chicken – optional
- 1-2 handfuls coriander
- 2 Tblsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup raw peanuts,if using roasted peanuts omit salt or 1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons organic tamara
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 red chilli or 1 teaspoon chilli sauce or 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes – to taste
- about 1/4 cup water to thin
- I don’t keep peanut butter handy and like to know what’s going in to it (some bought peanut butters have added sugar and partially hydrogenated oils, or trans fats, excess salt as well as other shelf-stabilising agents), so I like to make my own when needed – it’s easy (especially if you have a thermomix), just process until smooth
- Add juice, tamari, chilli and ginger and process until mixed through
- add enough water to make it consistency of cream so it mixes through the vegies well
You will need a spiral grater and mandalay – lots of fun!
- Spiral zucchini – although it is fun to see how long you can get the zucchini it is a good idea to break them in spaghetti lengths),
- Spiral carrots – I buy organic carrots and hate wasting the nutritious skin by peeling so my Enjo vegies scrubber cloth works well for most vegies see here for simple tips on removing chemical from your vegies
- Spiral radishes – I used regular radish, I stabbed a fork into the radish so I could turn them without spiraling my fingers!!!
- Finely shred in mandalay if you have one, otherwise chop very fine long strands of cabbage, capsicum, red onions and sugar snaps – I used knife for peas
- Chop spring onions into about 5 cm lengths and slice finely lengthways
- Place all vegies and peanuts in a large bowl and use your hands to mix them through
- Pour over peanut dressing and mix through
- Sprinkle extra peanuts, sesame seeds and coriander (eggs and/or chicken optional) on top
Let me know if you try this and how it went
Would like to receive fortnightly recipes & tips like these?
Want some Support?
FREE 5 Day Quit Sugar Support Program to help you get started on a healthier you
My 7 Day Cleanse is a great way to kick start your weight loss, with a full meal plan filled with yummy, healthy, gut nourishing foods plus a Premium Package option which includes, probiotics to replenish your good bacteria, fibre (with also feeds your good gut bacteria) along with high quality anti oxidants and multi minerals & other nutritional supplements to enhance the detox process and support your body.
If you are having trouble losing or maintaining weight I have a FREE, Private Facebook Weight Loss Support Group
For more FREE Overall Holistic Health info & recipes “like” my Fiorente Health Facebook Page
If you would like to catch up in person you can make an appointment for a FREE initial consult
I’m looking forward to getting to know each other better