Quick, no bowl Afghans GF, SF, DF
These are my go-to when “I want a goodie NOW!”, they are even better now I mix them on the baking paper – no mess, quick, yummy and with:
- no gluten *
- no added sugar ** (natural sweetness from the banana) or
- no dairy
These are a great healthy treat!
- Mix together on greaseproof paper:
- 1/2 sml banana mashed
- 2-3 Tbsps ground Rolled oats * to desired consistency
- 1/2 ts cacao
- I like to add a little Fibergy whenever I can in my baking – it’s tasteless
- seperate into 2 balls
- place walnut on top
- bake 5-10 min on 150c
* Oats are a prebiotic (feed your good gut bacteria). I always use organic rolled oats (or any grain due to the glyphosate). Oats are labelled Gluten Free in UK, Europe & USA, however in Australia they are classed as only “wheat free” because they contain a protein called avenin which has been found to produce a gluten-like reaction in some (approx 5% of Coeliac sufferers). So if you are gluten intolerant you may still be able to eats oats.
* * if you need a sweeter taste add a little Nutella to the mixture.. and maybe a hazelnut on top 😊