‘Tis the season to love your liver!
‘Tis the season to be merry! For most people the whole month of December is filled with end of year catch-ups – gym girls catch ups, old friends catchups, family catchups, social group catchups, not to mention the good old office party!
Not only is our liver working continually to detoxify us from everyday toxins such as:
- pesticide and herbicide residue on our food,
- preservatives & additives in packaged food,
- chemicals in the air, water, in everyday food packaging,
- chemicals coming from carpet, paint etc,
- personal hygeine & skincare products, and of course
The liver is also the body’s main fat-burning organ, critical for carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism; it processes our hormones, makes triglycerides and makes cholesterol.
On top of all or these duties, our liver has to process our alcohol consumption. Alcohol is turned into a toxic enzyme called acetaldehyde (this is what gives you that terrible headache) which can damage liver cells & cause permanent liver scarring.
It is an amazingly hard working organ! That’s 24/7, 365 days a year (no public holiday, sick days or leave!) and this time of the year we pump up its work load even more.
That’s why I offer my Group Freshstart in January when we have time to look at our health. Given the importance of detoxification to your health (and to your weight) the Cleanse is a way of giving your liver a big hug, saying “sorry for treating you so badly and thanks for all you do”.
Hepaplus is the liver support supplement used in the FreshStart and you might find helpful throughout the festive Season at least.
Hepaplus supports the liver’s natural detoxification while fending off oxidative stress that accompanies the detoxification process. It stimulates detoxification pathways and strengthens and protects the liver cells. Hepaplus’ antioxidant blend includes high quality phytonutrients such as green tea and patented olive-fruit extract, which is excellent for liver support.
Other important ingredients in Hepaplus include:
- Milk Thistle Extract and Turmeric extract – improve the flow of bile and aid liver function. They have strong antioxidant properties to help defend against oxidative stress generated by the detoxification process. They both induce the Phase I and Phase II enzyme production in the liver and promote the detoxification processes overall.
- Choline – helps process dietary fat and transport it from the liver
- Alpha-lipoic acid – supports important enzymes both inside and outside the cells
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine – scavenges free radicals inside and outside the cell and promotes detoxification
- Broccoli extract – contains a potent sulphur-containing chemical called sulforaphane that can turn on our genes and cause them to produce both antioxidant, and detoxification enzymes
If you would like to purchase Hepaplus to help you through the silly season please click here for direct delivery from Sydney or contact me for local delivery from myself.
If you are interested in doing a gentle cleanse you can learn more here