Creamy Spinach Soup
Here is a super healthy soup…. spinach soup sounds disgusting doesn’t it? …. a little too healthy sounding for my household!! (does Creamy Green Soup sound better?) but I thought it was really nice with a few alterations and additions – basil & cheese makes anything taste better!!! It’s quite creamy and is so healthy and low in calories – full of fresh spinach, zucchini, and cauliflower and it’s so easy to make, especially if you have a Thermomix.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 zucchini, quartered and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1/2 cauliflower wash & broken into florets
- 150-200g-spinach (washed well)
- 1 litre l organic vegetable or chicken broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of milk and parmesan cheese to serve
Note: If you have a thermomix this can all be done in there
- Cook onion and oil over medium heat for around 5 minutes until translucent
- Add sliced garlic and continue to cook for another minute or two.
- Add zucchini and continue cooking another 5 minutes or so, stirring to mix.
- Add vegetable broth, potatoes, cauliflower & basil, simmer for about 30 minutes
- Stir in spinach leaves and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Puree all of the ingredients together (if cooking in saucepan use an immersion blender – less washing up!)
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve with a swirl of milk or nut milk of choice and a sprinkle of Parmesan
This soup heats up well so you can enjoy it for a few days.
I try to always have soup handy to grab for that afternoon slump time, it’s satisfying without ruining your dinner and much healthier than a coffee and biccie