Cauliflower Pizza. GF
Our current house came with a pizza oven and now we’ve perfected the art of heat, it is becoming a lovely way to enjoy a family gathering…. everybody loves pizza!!!!
I’m not celiac or gluten intolerant but I do try to stay away from wheat and gluten products, they just make me feel heavy and not energetic at all. They are usually high GI and have no real nutrition. I also hate the thought of roundup and other pesticides being in non organic grain products (more here).
I have been experimenting with Cauliflower pizza base and I am finally very happy with the results, and with fresh healthy ingredients as toppings I can now indulge guilt and symptoms free.
The trick is to drain the cauliflower very well and to cook the base really well before adding topping.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup almond meal (or more for a firm consistency)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Process cauliflower until it is rice-size crumbles.
- Stir fry cauliflower and oil in large frypan 8-10 minutes until the cauliflower begins to soften (but don’t let it brown)
- Let cool.
- Add other ingredients and press onto small pizza pans, leaving edges a little thicker for the crust.
- Cook in moderate oven (or pizza oven) about 15-18 mins until golden brown and starting to crisp a little at the edges
- Spread with a good tomato paste (Connor’s home made is to die for!!!!)
- Add your favourite toppings and return to oven (increase to 200) for about 10 minutes
As with traditional pizza, less is best when it comes to toppings. My healthier favourites are:
- tomoto paste, then thinly sliced red onion, chopped tomatoes (no pulp), fresh chopped chillies, a sprinkle of cheese and very finely chopped chicken. Throwing heaps of coriander and rocket over the top once cooked or
- tomato paste, red onion, tomatoes, chicken, olives, chilli and fresh basil, then more fresh basil and heaps of rocket or baby spinach on top once cooked
I’d love to hear your faves and tips!
Would like to receive fortnightly recipes & tips like these straight to your inbox? Subscribe >>HERE<<
Want some Support?
Thats what I do Best!
FREE 5 Day Quit Sugar Support Program to help you get started on a healthier you
My 7 Day Cleanse is a great way to kick start your weight loss, with a full meal plan filled with yummy, healthy, gut nourishing foods plus a Premium Package option which includes, probiotics to replenish your good bacteria, fibre (with also feeds your good gut bacteria) along with high quality anti oxidants and multi minerals & other nutritional supplements to enhance the detox process and support your body.
If you are having trouble losing or maintaining weight I have a FREE, Private Facebook Weight Loss Support Group
For more FREE Overall Holistic Health info my Fiorente Health Facebook Page, lots of quick health tips and recipes and motivational quotes
If you would like to catch up in person you can make an appointment for a FREE initial consult
I’m looking forward to getting to know each other better