Cauliflower Fried Rice
This is a great low GI option to fried white rice and it really is hard to taste the difference!
It goes well with my Chicken Satay Recipe, give it a go and let me know what you think.
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 small red chillies, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Tamari ** or soy sauce (preferably organic)
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
**Tamari is a gluten free, wheat free soy sauce
- Using a food processor, process cauliflower florets until very finely chopped.
- Heat coconut oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until chilli has softened and mixture is fragrant. Add cauliflower and desiccated coconut. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and light golden.
- Make well in rice and added slightly whisked eggs, chopping up as they cook, then fold through the rice
- Add Tamari
- Stir in green onions (save some for serving).
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with extra spring onion.
Want to give your body a bit of tender loving care?
My 7 Day Detox is packed full of health, yummy recipes like this one, with meal plan, shopping ist, ots of info, tips and support to get you through the week and get the most out of your Detox, and an option of Detox supplements to enhance your detox effects.
more info >>here<<