Chicken Satay Sticks GF, DF
This is not what I planned as my first recipe but I made it last night and remembered why it was one of my kids’ favourites…. and seem as I am off to Phuket this week (woo hoo!) it seemed appropriate.
I have to admit these are one of the nicest satay chicken I’ve had and they are actually healthy also…Don’t forget you need protein in your diet!
I hope you like my inaugural recipe post.
- 600g organic, free range Chicken tender loins or breasts sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter *
- 1/2 cup organic chicken stock
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tblsp organic Tamari
- 1 tspn Thai green or red curry paste (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 tspn curry powder
- Mix all marinade ingredients – I mix hot water with a stock cube/bone broth powder to soften the honey & peanut butter for easy combining.
- Cover chicken with marinade (if you have a long enough container I like to thread the chicken first) and put in fridge for a few hours.
- Drain marinade and reserve.
- Grill chicken until golden and cooked.
- Combine marinade and coconut milk and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with lime wedges, coriander (optional) and loads of salad ***. You can serve with organic brown rice, cauliflower rice or organic quinoa for healthy low GI carbs.
* Make sure you check your peanut butter label. Some have extra sugar and partially hydrogenated oil (trans fats), excess salt as well as other shelf stabilising agents.
** Try almond butter high in vitamin e, or cashew (iron & magnesium) instead
*** Another reason this is so healthy is because the sauce is sooo tasty you don’t need a lot to flavour everything else, so serve with lots of salad.
ps I have had this recipe for so long, I have no idea where it came from – probably Woman’s Weekly
If you would like to receive healthy recipes and health tips direct to your inbox, you are welcome to join my Fortnightly Newsletter
This is just one of the types of recipes I put into my 10 Day Cleanse.
It’s a great way to have a gentle reset/cleanse and even kick start your weight loss.
Most of us want to feel lighter & more vibrant. I like to go deeper to help you transform your health on the inside, by addressing toxins, increasing energy, reducing stress, nourishing rather than depriving your precious body, starting from the cells up!
My 10 Day Cleanse is an affordable way to be inspired, mentored, nurtured and supported towards a healthier, more vibrant You, that you can easily sustain moving forward 😊
With a full meal plan filled with yummy, healthy, gut nourishing foods plus a Supplements Package to enhance the detox process and support your body.