Banana & Rolled Oats Bake
This is one of my favourite breakfasts…. and is yummy as a treat also. It’s gluten free**, sugar free and dairy free!!
Oats are low gi which means they won’t spike your blood sugar and with the protein from the egg it will keep you full for longer. Along with all the goodness of a banana (and added fibre you don’t notice) it’s for a perfect way to start your day.
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats (see why organic here)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 large ripe banana (slice half and use other half in batter)
- 1 egg
- 1-2 Tbls Fibergy (optional) great for tasteless extra fibre!
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
** For variety I also love blending all the banana and gently stirring in
- blueberries and rasberries or
- finely cut up apple and extra cinnamon
- Blend all together (except sliced 1/2 banana)
- Stir in sliced banana
- bake in 180 c for about 20 minutes
- if you like a chunkier version don’t blend all the oats, stir in with sliced banana
- Blend in all oats plus a little extra and it turns out a little firmer like a cake – nice with a cuppa
- I love it warm with warmed berries and natural organic yoghurt (for DF you can get coconut yoghurt or kefir in good delis, chilled section)
** Oats are labelled Gluten Free in UK, Europe & USA, however in Australia they are classed as only “wheat free”. Oats contain a protein called avenin which has been found to produce a gluten-like reaction in some (approx 5% of Coeliac sufferers). So if you are gluten intolerant you may still be able to eats oats.
Would like to receive fortnightly recipes & tips like these straight to your inbox? Subscribe >>HERE<<
Can I help you in some other way?
FREE 5 Day Quit Sugar Support Program to help you get started on a healthier you
My 10 Day Cleanse is a great way to nourish your body, rejuvenate your gut, liver, reset your blood sugar & hormones, kick start your weight loss. With yummy, healthy, gut nourishing foods and a supplement package which includes, probiotics to replenish your good bacteria, fibre (absorbs toxins, feeds your good gut bacteria) along with high quality anti oxidants, multi minerals, herbs & phytonutrients to enhance the detox process & support your body.
Get your bodies ready to create your super baby. Includes 10 Day Cleanse and continued support specific to optimal preconception health for mum and dad to be
If you are having trouble losing or maintaining weight I have a FREE, Private Facebook Weight Loss Support Group
For more FREE Overall Holistic Health info my Fiorente Health Facebook Page, lots of quick health tips and recipes and motivational quotes
If you would like to catch up in person you can make an appointment for a FREE initial consult
I’m looking forward to getting to know each other better