My Healthy Clayton’s Doughnut/Pancake
Breakfast just keeps getting yummier & healthier!
My latest concoction is sooo delicious,
And as a breakfast this has the lot!
- Great protein (which you definitely need in the morning) from eggs and a scoop of protein powder
- Two serves of fruit – banana and another serve if you add super nutritious blueberries
- Probiotics with yoghurt and extra sachet of probiotic sprinkle into it
- Sustained energy from low GI rolled oats – great for lowering cholesterol and helping with stabilised blood sugar.
- Gluten free* Rolled oats are considered gluten free in Us but not in Australia. They officially have a type of gluten but it is rarely a problem like regular gluten
- Heaps of fibre from oats, fruit and an extra spoonful of Fibergy
The first time I made these, I felt like something other than my usual Mary’s crackers and cheese. Cakes and bickies are pretty much out these days but sometimes I just feel like a treat with my cuppa.
I really thought they tasted like doughnuts.They are a little heavy like doughnuts and the banana gives sweetness while spices give that hot doughnut smell and taste…. yum!!!!
Did I just hear you say bull#*? Ok my taste buds are not used to sweetness so they may not be out of this world as delicious as a doughnut to you at this moment but I got an “not over the top – but still a thumbs up” from Connor…. give it a go and let me know!
As a Health coach I like to focus on substitution rather than deprivation and the more you train your taste buds away from sugar the more delicious so many foods become to the little darlings…. cross my heart!
Of course you still have your subconscious to deal with and that can be a struggle, but each little step will get you to where you want to be. Feel free to contact me for a free chat about your goals and struggles and how I might be able to help you.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats – Please choose “organic oats only” read more here
- 1 banana
- 2 small free range eggs
- 1 Tbs Usana Fibergy (optional)
- 1 Tbs Usana SmartShake (not in Aus atm), or your favourite protein powder (optional)
- 1/8 tsp or more as desired cinnamon
- Few shakes nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional – just makes them higher)
- Usana Probiotic – these come in sachet serves of yummy powder which don’t need the fridge (optional)
- Organic yoghurt or coconut kefir, yoghurt for dairy free
- Process the oats until fine
- Add banana, Fibergy, protein, eggs & spices and mix though
- Add a little butter or coconut oil to pan on medium heat and place spoonfuls, flip when golden
- Serve with warm blueberries and dollop of yoghurt with probiotics sprinkled through
- Extra pancake can be saved for a cuppa later on 😉
If you are struggling with sugar cravings:
click here for more details