Banana & Rolled Oats Bake
This is one of my new favourite breakfasts…. and is yummy as a treat also. It’s gluten free**, sugar free and dairy free!!
Oats are low gi which means they won’t spike your blood sugar and with the protein from the egg it will keep you full for longer. Along with all the goodness of a banana (and added fibre you don’t notice) it’s for a perfect way to start your day.
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats (see why organic here)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 large ripe banana (slice half and use other half in batter)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbls Fibergy (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Blend all together (except sliced 1/2 banana)
- Stir in sliced banana
- bake in 180 c for about 20 minutes
- if you like a chunkier version don’t blend all the oats, stir in with sliced banana
- Blend in all oats plus a little extra and it turns out a little firmer like a cake – nice with a cuppa
- add chopped apple or berries for variety or add warm berries to serve
- I love it with natural organic yoghurt (for DF you can get coconut yoghurt or kefir in good delis, chilled section)
** Oats are labelled Gluten Free in UK, Europe & USA, however in Australia they are classed as only “wheat free”. Oats contain a protein called avenin which has been found to produce a gluten-like reaction in some (approx 5% of Coeliac sufferers). So if you are gluten intolerant you may still be able to eats oats.