10 minute Pho
I just got back from my Rohani Pilates (best Pilates class ever!) where Lucy was talking about all the yummy Pho she had on her Vietnam holiday.
You know I LOVE soup!
I have made slow cooked Pho with oxtail a few moths ago and it was sooo good! But I wanted Pho now!
I had leftover grass fed fillet from last night the fridge, leftover organic spaghetti* and I wanted to use my new organic, grass fed, bone broth collagen so I improvised…. I can’t claim it was as good as my original (or an authentic Vietnamese Pho) but it was quick, yummy (and healthy)!
- dash ground fennel seeds
- dash ground cardamon
- tiny,, tiny pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove
- 1 petal of a star anise
- dash onion salt
- diced chilli, chilli oil or chilli sauce
- dash fish sauce
- big dash Tamara (gluten free soy sauce)
- approx 400 ml beef stock, bone broth, or bone broth collagen **
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/4 pack Konjac noodles*** or precooked noodles of choice (always go organic pasta)
- small piece pre cooked or raw grass fed beef fillet ***
- handful coriander and mint
- Add spices and sauces to stock and bring to boil
- Simmer around while preparing other ingredients
- Spiralise zucchini and carrot
- Finely slice beef
- Add carrot to broth
- A noodles to broth
- Add zucchini and steak to broth (zucchinis and steak should just be quickly warmed)
- Take off heat and remove clove and star anise
- Serve with herbs and lime to squeeze in if desired)
* Did you know you can reduce the rise in blood glucose levels by a whopping 50% by using cooled then reheated pasta?
** Among many other health benefits, collagen is good for your skin appearance
*** Konjac is a vegetable, the noodles are low carb and GF. they are bit like rice noodles you can find them in health isle of Coles, Woolies (Splenda)
**** Grass fed beef contains more omega 3s and is more humane
Would like to receive fortnightly recipes & tips like these straight to your inbox? Subscribe >>HERE<<
Want some Support?
FREE 5 Day Quit Sugar Support Program to help you get started on a healthier you
My 7 Day Cleanse is a great way to nourish your body, rejuvenate your gut, liver, reset your blood sugar and hormones kick start your weight loss. With a full meal plan filled with yummy, healthy, gut nourishing foods plus a Premium Package option which includes, probiotics to replenish your good bacteria, fibre (with also feeds your good gut bacteria) along with high quality anti oxidants and multi minerals & other nutritional supplements to enhance the detox process and support your body.
If you are having trouble losing or maintaining weight I have a FREE, Private Facebook Weight Loss Support Group
For more FREE Overall Holistic Health info my Fiorente Health Facebook Page, lots of quick health tips and recipes and motivational quotes
If you would like to catch up in person you can make an appointment for a FREE initial consult
I’m looking forward to getting to know each other better